MSP® Foundation Overview
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide on Programme Management. The guide comprises a set of Principles and a set of Processes for use when managing a programme.
MSP represents proven programme management best practice in the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management.
MSP is very flexible and designed to be adapted to meet the needs of local circumstances.
The MSP framework is based on three core concepts:
MSP Principles. These are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change
MSP Governance Themes. These define an organization's approach to programme management. They allow an organization to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organization structures and controls, giving the best chance for success
MSP Transformational Flow. This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes and benefits.
Benefits for Individuals
- Utilize best practice in programme management to successfully deliver transformational change.
- Carry out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformation activities to achieve outcomes and realize benefits of strategic importance to the business.
- Manage the transition of the solutions developed and delivered by projects into the organization’s operations, whilst maintaining performance and effectiveness.
- Encourage realistic expectations of the organizational capacity and ability to change.
- Lead business transformation accommodating high levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
Benefits for Organizations
- Align corporate strategy, delivery mechanisms for change and the business-as-usual environment.
- Continually monitor progress, assess performance and realize benefits.
- Apply a common framework of understanding for all programmes.
- Add value by focusing on benefits.
- Encourage feedback in order to refine future strategies based on evidence from programmes.
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a Programme office team, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP. The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
- The official Managing Successful Programmes manual
- Approved Courseware Book, including slides, sample papers & exercises
- Pre-Course material
- Experienced Approved Trainer
- Official Exams