Change Management Course Overview
The Change Management Certification has been developed by APMG in partnership with the Change Management Institute (CMI), an independent, global professional association of change managers. Together they have developed a professional ‘body of knowledge’ for the discipline of change management. This body of knowledge now provides an independent benchmark for the professional knowledge expected of an effective change manager.
Benefits for Individuals
- Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process
- Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement.
- Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
- Understand the various types of change that affect organizations, and know how to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organization’s desired outcomes from each change initiative.
- Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change.
Benefits for Organizations
- Build the organization’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility.
- Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction.
- Minimize risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives.
- Align change initiatives with established, process-driven methods (like PRINCE2® and MSP®) to develop a unified approach to change.
- Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organizational purpose during times of change.
- Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives.
- Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported.
- Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organization
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to work as an informal member of a team working on an organizational change initiative. The Foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 50 questions
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient know-how to apply and tailor Change Management guidance in a given organizational change situation.
A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the Change Management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative - but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve. Successful candidates will have fulfilled the knowledge requirements for Change Management Institute accreditation.
- Objective testing based on a case study scenario
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Restricted open book - The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook may be used in the exam.
- The official Body of Knowledge "The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook"
- Approved Courseware Book, including slides, sample papers & exercises
- Pre-Course material (Delegate to complete prior to attending the course 3-4 hours)
- Experienced Approved Trainer
- Official Exams