Agile Project Management
The APMG-International AgilePM® certification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile.
The AgilePM certification was derived from disadvantages of ‘sequential’ approaches such as the waterfall methodology. It allows for changes to be made after initial planning stages, unlike sequential methods, where there is a strict schedule with no room for errors or improvements. Within fast paced and ever changing organisations and industries, the AgilePM certification is thus a far more appropriate method of planning, working to develop solutions incrementally allowing improvement to suit changing needs at every step of the process.
Combine flexibility with proven process for successful agile project delivery.
The guidance is based on DSDM Consortium's Agile Project Framework and is underpinned by DSDM's eight principles for effective agile project delivery:
Benefits for Individuals
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful agile projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers and gives the business ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
Benefits for Organizations
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version), or
DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
The practitioner examination is in the "Objective Testing" format of scenario, question and answer booklet.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination.
- Approved Simetral Courseware Book, including slides, sample papers & exercises
- Pre-Course material
- Experienced Approved Trainer
- Official Exams